I got this from Anne by email .. but I thought I’d answer here … and anyone can play.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both … I like boxes and paper to make things pretty, but bags are more convenient and recyclable.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Oh … I love a real tree, but, nonetheless, we usually go with the artificial because of a lot of not so romantic reasons … allergies, cheaper, less of a fire hazard, no watering, no needles, and no chopping down trees.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first week of December.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually after the first … I try to make it to epiphany (12 days of Christmas and all) but I get antsy and have to take it down before going back to work.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really … I’m into chocolate.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The arts and crafts box Santa always left for us to open on Christmas eve afternoon.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Grandparents.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Katie … I just love buying her stuff.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? about 12 creches plus a couple Hanukkah menorahs.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I mail them. Something tangible and I’m a Christmas traditionalist.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I really don’t remember … But, I always get lots of stuff I don’t use.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Does Charlie Brown Christmas count? I enjoy It’s a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street and Christmas Story, too.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? We often pick names at Thanksgiving … so it’s unlikely for me to get anything before that … though I’ve already picked up some stocking stuffers.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Uh huh.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies! Peanut blossoms and those nutty rolled cookies Dwayne’s mom taught me to bake.
16. Lights on the tree? Oh yes! But not the blinking kind … tacky.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Come O Come Emmanuel
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Depends on the year, we’ve done both.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? I have to sing it… “You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen … but do you recall … the most famous reindeer of all? …. “
20. Angel on the treetop or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I actually like opening on Christmas Eve … but we change each year depending on where we are, who’s there, and what’s going on.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Ads and the focus on consumerism … ugh.
23. What theme or color are you using? theme? you’ve got to be kidding, we don’t do themes … the theme is Christmas, of course, duh.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I enjoyed the Roast Beef we had last year … it’s also been tradition for us to have ginger-lime Cornish Hens for Christmas Eve.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want the whole family to be together.
Sorry Anne, had to stop at 25 … because Christmas is December 25, after all.