Jan, I don’t mind a good meme …
The Rules of Presbymeme II
â€¢In about 25 words each, answer the five questions below.
â€¢Tag five Presbyterian bloggers and send them a note to let them know they were tagged.
â€¢Be sure to link to this original post.
1) What is your favorite faith-based hymn, song or chorus?
There are so many possibilities. “Here I Am Lord” always makes me cry. My own personal devotion time has many including “Oh Lord You’re Beautiful”. But, for this answer I have to say, “Lift High the Cross”. There was a day when I was an associate pastor in Michigan … it was as the large cross was replaced in the sanctuary after some rennovation … as the cross was raised in place, the many of us cleaning up in the sanctuary spontaneously started singing, “Lift High the Cross” … it was glorious.
2) What was the context, content and/or topic of the last sermon that
truly touched, convicted, inspired, challenged, comforted and/or
otherwise moved you?
I have been moved by the words of the Rev. Jin Kim, most recently at our Presbytery meeting last Saturday. Also by his words at General Assembly.
3) If you could have all Presbyterians read just one of your previous posts, what would it be and why?
Hmmm … I don’t re-read my posts often … but, well, how about this one about New Church Development.
4) What are three PC(USA) flavored blogs you read on a regular basis?
5) If the PC(USA) were a movie, what would it be and why?
I’m thinking Titanic … but, let me think beyond the cliche … I thought of the church a great deal when I watched The Queen … I saw the end of an era and a regime that was wedded to a time that has passed. But I also saw a wisdom and an integrity that was able to give stability and identity and strong values to an emerging society.