Ahhh … I love food, so I’ll play this week. The meme is from the RevGalBlogPals … go there for more …
1. Favorite cookie/candy/baked good without which, it’s just not Christmas. Chocolate covered cherries. I love them, and if I don’t get a box for myself (that I don’t have to share) I get very very very sad … hubby, you’re reading this right?
2. Do you do a fancy dinner on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, both, or
neither? (Optional: with whom will you gather around the table this
year?) Because of Christmas Eve worship services, we’ve tried to keep Christmas Eve simple yet special … so a few years ago we started making Cornish hens stuffed with ginger and lime for Christmas Eve dinner … just the three of us. Then we’d travel on Christmas to one of the out of town families. This year, my parents and brother are coming here … so it will be Cornish hens on Christmas Eve and a Prime Rib Roast on Christmas Day. Yummmmm. We won’t dress up for either meal, though … just casual Christmas.
3. Evaluate one or more of the holiday beverage trifecta: hot chocolate, wassail, egg nog. Oh, yes … hot chocolate is me. I enjoy the smell of a good wassail stewing, but I don’t enjoy drinking it as much. And eggnog … well … it can be ok, but it’s not chocolate!
4. Candy canes: do you like all the new-fangled flavors or are you a peppermint purist? Don’t care for the peppermint, really … unless their crushed and added to a dark chocolate fudge …. yum … I guess I’m not really a candy cane kind of woman.
5. Have you ever actually had figgy pudding? And is it really so good that people will refuse to leave until they are served it? No … and I don’t think I’d like figgy pudding … when I sing that verse of the song, though, I think of a hot, moist, bread pudding with a few raisins in it, coming out of the oven and drizzled with vanilla/rum sauce. That makes my mouth water.
Edited to add: Well, I am APPALLED with myself that I forgot to include a question about the crown prince of holiday foods–the fruitcake. Feel free to add your thoughts on this most polarizing holiday confection.
Nah, I won’t go there.